Kitchen Salvage Program
We are still partnered up with ReStore and Habitat for Humanity Edmonton to take part in their Kitchen Salvage Program. As one of the larger kitchen cabinet installers in the city if Edmonton, we want to help out as many families in need with cabinets we would otherwise dispose of. If our clients have a kitchen that is still in decent shape and with their permission, we would like to donate it to the cause. The resale of these cabinets through ReStore, goes toward proceeds to support their charity.
Habitat for Humanity Edmonton was founded in 1991, and with their Home Ownership Program, have provided close to 250 homes for families in need. Habitat for Humanity International was founded in 1976, and has built over 600,000 homes in over 100 countries.
The Home Ownership Program has 5 steps:
- Habitat identifies eligible homeowner families and prepare the home for home ownership.
- Habitat helps them build their homes with donated funds, materials, and labour.
- the new home is purchased with a downpayment of 500 hours of sweat equity.
- Interest-free mortgage payments are made that are never more than 25 percent of the home owners income.
- Habitat reinvests the mortgage payment back into the Home Ownership Program.
In return for the donation to the Kitchen Salvage Program, our clients will recieve a charitable tax receipt. These funds could go towards your current renovation budget if you choose. Donating your old kitchen to the Kitchen Salvage Program also helps reduce environmental impact by keeping materials out of the landfill.
Please view this link to see other ways that we can help the less fortunate, http://www.hfh.org
Thanks for reading our first blog post, and don’t forget to share this with your friends.